Fantastic Full-Day Advanced Training for Fundraising Shops
Asking Matters uses its revolutionary concept of Asking Styles to train frontline fundraisers to understand their unique styles and preferences and apply that to their work with donors and raising money. Your fundraising team will perform at their highest level when they’re working in a way that fits the way they see the world and the people around them, allowing them to be more authentic and present with your donors.
The Art & Science of Asking drills down on best practices for asking in the framework of the Asking Styles. The result is you and your team will walk away with the skillsets and confidence needed to be more effective in asking for gifts. Gifts that move your organization to the next level. Gifts that your donors feel good about making.
Led by Brian Saber or Joe Tumolo
You can choose between Brian Saber and Joe Tumolo to lead your session depending on who better fits the needs of your organization.
Joe Tumolo, CAP®
President of Asking Matters
What Everyone Will Learn:
- How our own Asking Style impacts us every step of the way
- How to maximize our strengths and address our challenges every step of the way
- How our donors’ Asking Styles become a roadmap to a successful solicitation
- How to remain authentic while building donor relationships
- How our mental baggage gets in the way and how to overcome it
- How to develop and deliver a more powerful case for support
- How to conduct more successful meetings through a proven strategic framework
What Everyone Will Get:
- One full-day workshop
- 15-page workbooks for all participants
- Customized landing page at Asking Matters with PDFs of the slides and numerous bonus materials
See what our clients are saying:
We hosted Brian for our November Women in Development program, “What is Your Asking Style?” After the presentation, a professional in the industry for over 20 years came up to me and said this was the best program they have been to and they were enlightened with [Brian’s] wealth of information.
Erica Warner, Program Co-Chair, Women in Develop of Northeast New York
Thank you for a fantastic webinar today on "Amazingly Successful Face-to-Face Solicitations." It was one of the best, if not the best, webinar I've attended. You were able to take a sometimes overwhelming topic and reduce it to concise fundamentals we can put into practice.
Tom Wessel, Community Outreach and Development Manager, Eagle Valley Land Trust, Edwards, CO
Who Can Benefit:
- Anyone serious about getting out and asking individuals for gifts in-person
- Major and planned giving shops
- Boards of directors seriously committed to partnering with staff to secure gifts