Free Four Part Workshop for Fundraisers!
plus Fundraising Masters, another re-released Jerry Panas
webinar, workshop with Sue Kindred, and more!
Dear [First Name],
On October 9th I’m re-launching my FREE online workshop, Don’t Ask, Don’t Get, to help fundraisers – development folks, executive directors, and anybody who asks one-on-one for donations. Last Spring almost 2,000 people registered and came away with a richer understanding of the art and science of asking.
It starts on October 9th and I invite you to register. The workshop consists of 4 live webinars and several live discussions (both the webinars and discussions will be recorded) that you can follow along with at your own pace. It’ll help you get a whole lot more comfortable – and better – at asking for money.
Here are 8 great reasons to register:
- Become a lot more comfortable asking for major gifts and other funding
- Figure out who should be on your prospect list
- Determine exactly the right time to ask in the meeting – and how much to ask for – to get the best results
- Stop relying on special events and grants to raise critical funds
- Assess your own Asking Style and understand its impact
- Watch recordings of the webinars on your own schedule if you can't join live
- Participate in live Q&A sessions with Brian… or watch the recordings
- Learn how Asking Matters can support your fundraising journey
Please note: When you sign up you will automatically be registered for all 4 webinars! The sessions will take place on October 9th, 11th, 15th, and 17th, and all sessions are at 12:00pm ET.
Fundraising Masters with Andrea Kihlstedt and Amy Eisenstein
How to Design a No-Fail Capital Campaign
We’re delighted to have Amy Eisenstein and Asking Matters Expert Andrea Kihlstedt back for our Fundraising Masters series! Join them to learn the ins and outs of setting up a successful capital campaign, and to discover how they help their clients execute multi-million dollar campaigns.
This FREE webinar will take place on September 20th at 2:00pm ET.
You’re Going To Discover…
- The real reasons why capital campaigns fail without a good plan in place … and how you can create a fail-proof plan
- How to identify leadership level gifts and how you can train your board members to help
- Why you don’t need a “money board” to lead a successful capital campaign
- How our clients are completing multi-million dollar capital campaigns and the secret to how they’re doing it even without much campaign experience
Re-Releasing Jerry Panas Webinar #2
I hope you had a chance to listen to the recording of Jerry’s Asking Matters webinar from 2015. It was a kick for me to revisit it this summer and to be reminded of Si Seymour, whose “lost manuscript” Jerry published a few years back. I love this thought of Seymour’s he uncovered:
"You won’t get milk from a cow by sending a letter. You won’t get milk by calling on the phone. The only way to get milk from a cow is to sit by its side and milk it."
Jerry returned to our Fundraising Masters series in 2016 to talk about his eBook “The Irrefutable Canons of Fundraising” and his “12 characteristics of highly successful fundraisers.” Two of the 12 are “impeccable integrity” and “perseverance.” Listen to the recording to find out the other ten and to hear more of Jerry’s wisdom:
Attention Richmond-area Fundraisers!
Our very own story expert, Sue Kindred, is leading an in-person workshop in Richmond, VA on October 19th. It's only $45 and you'll walk away a much better storyteller for your organization.
Join Sue and her co-presenter, Amy Lacey, to learn where to find stories, who should tell them, what makes stories powerful, and more.
For details and to register click below.
On the Road with
Asking Styles: Revolutionize your Fundraising
I’m about to hit the road and look forward to talking to fundraisers around the country. Are you attending any of them? If so, bring your copy of “Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising” and I’ll inscribe it for you. If you haven’t bought it, I’ll be selling it at most of these events:
September 12: Boys and Girls Clubs of America Pacific Region Conference, Garden Grove, CA
September 19: Boys and Girls Clubs of America Southwest Region Conference, Austin, TX
October 3: Opera America Workshop, New York, NY
October 10: Boys and Girls Clubs of America Midwest Region Conference, Indianapolis, IN
October 18: Tri-State YMCA Conference, Mahwah, NJ
October 24: Boys and Girls Clubs of America Northeast Region Conference, Baltimore, MD
November 4-5: JCamp Conference, Springfield, MA
November 13: AFP Oklahoma Philanthropy Day, Oklahoma City, OK November 15: AFP Quad Cities Philanthropy Day, Davenport, IA
Here's to another great month of fundraising,
Let's get social: