Train Everyone at Your Organization This Summer!
staff and board training packages, discounts on my second book, the next Jerry Panas recording, and "On the Road"
Dear [First Name],
Ready to up everyone's fundraising skills? Challenged trying to do it yourself? How about steeply discounted Asking Matters Memberships for your entire organization! Everyone can learn directly, keep asking front and center on their radar screen, and be inspired by other members in our community.
Best of all, there are three tiers of membership to choose from. So no matter where you and your team are in your fundraising efforts, there's a package that will suit you!
- Basic Membership: This cost-effective membership for staff and board can help get your staff more comfortable cultivating donors and asking for gifts and building relationships for your organization.
- Membership Plus: Along with Basic Memberships, you'll have a custom landing page at Asking Matters with all four 35-minute Asking Styles recorded trainings that everyone can access at any time.
- Premium Membership: Perfect for staff who need to learn all the ins and outs of asking one-to-one. Have your staff dig in deep at their own pace by taking the best online, self-guided asking course. Get all the skills and tools your team needs to be super successful. Includes everything above.
In-Person Board Trainings Available This Summer
limited spots available, don't miss out!
Imagine: Your Board All Together in Person Again. It’s been a long time coming, but for many organizations this summer will be the moment to strive for more normalcy. What a moment that will be!
Your board needs to get back together as there's nothing like meeting in person. And I’d like to help you make the most of it. I am offering in-person, outdoor (or indoor!) trainings all summer …and I’m willing to travel the country to do them.
What would you like to accomplish with your board?
- Train them to be more comfortable and effective fundraisers
- Build camaraderie and teamwork
- Plan for the coming year
- Wrestle with longer-term strategic issues
- Finally meet new board members in person
Interested in bringing your board back together…and moving it ahead?
Boards and Asking Styles: A Roadmap to Success
save when you buy multiple copies for your organization!
Save when you order 10 or more copies of Boards and Asking Styles: A Roadmap to Success.
This book will be a quick win for you and your organization. I’ve written it directly to board members, but everyone working with a board will learn from it.
- Learn how to build camaraderie and teamwork based on the Styles.
- Better understand how your board chair operates and how leadership can work more effectively.
- Appreciate fellow board members, what they bring to the table, and what motivates them.
Save $5 per book when you buy 10 or more copies
Pay $20 per book on orders of 10 or more with free shipping within the United States! To order outside the US, please reach out to email@example.com directly to set up a custom order.
learn more about the book
You can also buy the book or ebook individually at Amazon.
The Jerry and Brian Tapes: What Does Maybe Mean?
Recorded June 21st, 2018
What does “maybe” mean? Is that a good answer and how do you investigate further? Maybe often means you’ve asked in that sweet spot – when a gift is doable yet meaningful – but takes thought.
Also, we had quite an intimate moment when we compared notes on the most meaningful gift each of us had ever made.
On the Road
In May I had the sad duty of filling in for Simone Joyaux, who was scheduled to speak at the Boys & Girls Clubs national conference. My dear friend and colleague Andrea Kihlstedt and I spent an hour talking about concepts from Simone's wonderful (and, per usual, provocative!) book, "Firing Lousy Board Members," and then I led an hour-long session on Boards and Asking Styles. I was honored to be asked to fill Simone's shoes that day.
It felt like old home week when I led a 2-part board training for Queens Community House. Having been a part of the wonderful settlement house movement for 30+ years, I feel a special kinship with community-based organizations that provide a great range of programs and services to young and old alike.
Here's to high vaccination rates and the ability to hug everyone and take live indoor yoga classes again!
Let's get social: